We headed east this year for winter break to see Matt's brother+crew for the first time since 2013.
We added on some new sights/states in the Virginia area, and ended up with a theme that was remarkably Civil War and lots of fun.
Highlights and way too many pictures-
- Stopping for lunch in North Carolina at Tupelo Honey Cafe and window shopping in hip downtown Asheville
- Morning tour of Lee Chapel & Museum @ Washington & Lee University / Virginia Military Institute
- Learning more about Jame Madison & Co. at Montpelier - loved it!
- 3 relaxing days at the Carriage Inn B&B in Charles Town
- Harpers Ferry Historic Park & Appalachian Trail Conservancy
- Antietam Battlefield, Gettysburg Military Park & lunch at the Dobbin House Tavern
- Driving from West Virginia to Rob's via Smithsonian Air & Space Museum-Udvar-Hazy Center and Manassas Battlefield
- Family fun with the Hamilton crew - Christmas gifts, lots of legos, stew, chili, and colossal donuts, wish we could see them more
Antietam Battlefield / Burnside's Bridge - Sharpsburg, Pennsylvania
Harpers Ferry Lower Town Historic Area & Appalachian Trail Mid-Point
Confluence of Potomac/Shenandoah - West Virginia, Virginia, and Maryland in view
Jefferson Rock / Smithsonian Air & Space - Dulles, Virginia
Family Fun in Stafford
Making it home with the Go Bayside! podcast - 3,400 miles of fun