December in Review
-Lots of special work events (Christmas caroling, Frozen movie night, PJ day, parties, etc.) and dinners with friends
-A special trip to "the death star" for the Cowboys vs. Colts game for Matt with Sean thanks to free suite tickets, lucky guy
-Enjoyed a relaxing winter break at home: reading+working out for me, disc golf+dissertation for Matt. Last year was too busy with moving and next year we're heading to DC so we soaked it in at home this time.
-3 days of Christmas celebrations: chili at our house on Christmas day, tamales in Carrollton with M+J+L, and enchiladas with the extended family on Saturday - fun times!
-NYE at our house with the Sieling crew
Around Downtown Challenge
Around the House
-Decorated for Christmas
-Finished the winter yard work with 7 bags of leaves
-Trimmed/removed dead branches the oak tree in the side yard
-Rehung the hall bathroom pocket door
-Filled the rest of the outdoor planters with pansies and cabbages as the fall flowers died
And a look back at my 2014 Goals too:
- Eat at all the restaurants in downtown McKinney - yep & it was awesome. Standouts for me were anything at Hutchins, Rick's, or Cadillac Pizza, a glass of wine on the patio at Landon, deviled eggs at Harvest, and the bacon-pimento cheese melt at Snug - so good!
- Blog our new old house as we get moved in - yes
- Find a new place to volunteer - since I ended up changing jobs I replaced this goal with 'work lots of uncompensated days over the summer' or what I like to think of as the 'volunteering at work' that teachers do so well. And, I did start my Giving 35 goal, due September 2015.
- Go on a big road trip this summer - 4 Corners Vacation
- Keep taking weekly photos (for the 5th year) - yes