So, 7 Things About Me:
- I love Mexican food! I could eat chips and queso or enchiladas for every meal. Abuelo's (especially the original Lubbock location), El Fenix, and El Guapo's in Denton are my favorite spots to grab dinner.
- I'm almost always listening to an audio book when I drive. I prefer titles under 5 hours - my commute is fairly short at 15-20 minutes, so long books take forever to finish. For the past few months I've been downloading library books to my iPhone and using the auxiliary cord to listen on the car speakers - no more returning overdue CDs.
- I don't like rice or watermelon - blah! I've never liked either and never will.
- I would love to own a bunch of vacation cabins or an inn. We've been saving to do this for a few years, I think it would be a great way to spend retirement (or sooner!).
- I've been meal planning for almost 3 years and I love it. I have an online calendar where I keep track of recipes I've tried and want to try in the future. I try to post the ones I've deemed worth repeating every once in a while.
- I rarely watch a movie or TV show more than once.
- I prefer driving to flying. The more I travel the more I like going by car - I credit this to family road trips as a kid plus Matt's dislike of flying. The longest (and prettiest) trip I've ever driven was from Dallas to Anchorage, Alaska with my dad for a summer job during college. I've gone more miles on road trips this past year then ever before. From March 2010-March 2011 Matt and I will end up going over 11,000 miles by car just for vacations and family events - we are living the "year of the road trip" right now for sure.
Our Best Bites
Pennies on a Platter
The Food Librarian
Life in the Fun Lane
Making it Lovely
17 and Baking
The Daily Bunny