Stylish...

Many thanks to my friend Jill for the Stylish Blogger Award - you made my day.  Jill is so good about blogging all the fun events of her life for her family, she's definitely inspiration for me to blog more - and she's a cool librarian too.  :)


So, 7 Things About Me:
  1. I love Mexican food!  I could eat chips and queso or enchiladas for every meal. Abuelo's (especially the original Lubbock location), El Fenix, and El Guapo's in Denton are my favorite spots to grab dinner.
  2. I'm almost always listening to an audio book when I drive.  I prefer titles under 5 hours - my commute is fairly short at 15-20 minutes, so long books take forever to finish. For the past few months I've been downloading library books to my iPhone and using the auxiliary cord to listen on the car speakers - no more returning overdue CDs.
  3. I don't like rice or watermelon - blah!  I've never liked either and never will.
  4. I would love to own a bunch of vacation cabins or an inn. We've been saving to do this for a few years, I think it would be a great way to spend retirement (or sooner!).
  5. I've been meal planning for almost 3 years and I love it.  I have an online calendar where I keep track of recipes I've tried and want to try in the future.  I try to post the ones I've deemed worth repeating every once in a while.
  6. I rarely watch a movie or TV show more than once.
  7. I prefer driving to flying. The more I travel the more I like going by car - I credit this to family road trips as a kid plus Matt's dislike of flying.  The longest (and prettiest) trip I've ever driven was from Dallas to Anchorage, Alaska with my dad for a summer job during college. I've gone more miles on road trips this past year then ever before.  From March 2010-March 2011 Matt and I will end up going over 11,000 miles by car just for vacations and family events - we are living the "year of the road trip" right now for sure. 

And 15 Favorite Blogs:

Food!
Annie's Eats
Our Best Bites
Pennies on a Platter
Tasty Kitchen
The Food Librarian

Home Inspiration
Chez Larsson
Johns Journal
Life in the Fun Lane
Making it Lovely
Small Notebook

New Favorites
17 and Baking
The Daily Bunny
The Frugalista
Jane Deere
Today's Letters

    Comments