Texas-Style Birthday Weekend
A fun thing about having my birthday in early September is that labor day weekend is always nearby. This year, Matt and I celebrated my big 3-0 with a quick trip to the Hill Country.
- Dropped Duncan at Betsy's and drove southbound-35 after a full week of work
- Caught-up and celebrated with a cute cake at Maggie and Jimmy's "place to be" - the fun patio at their new townhouse
- Enjoyed coffee and Jimmy's breakfast burritos in Waco then made our way to Austin where Matt got in some quick research at the Dolph Brisco Center
- Headed to SoCo for window shopping and lunch truck treats at Mighty Cone and the Cutie Pie Wagon
- Did some hiking and hanging out at Zilker Park
- Relaxed at our neat petite suite at the Casulo Hotel
- Wrapped up the evening with a tasty dinner at El Arroyo and drinks at our favorite Austin patio, Opal Divine's
- Joined M+J and my parents in West for our first trip to Texas's best Czech polka festival - Westfest!
- Listened to Denton's own Bravo Combo while enjoying beer bread sandwiches, sausage, sauerkraut, fried green tomatoes, bbq, snow cones and more
- Back to DFW to pick up Duncan and break in my great birthday gift from my mom and dad: an awesome kitchen aid stand mixer!
Czech out more photos at the end of the album here.