July 21, 2010

30-Before-30: Pimento Cheese

After several tries, I just couldn't give up TV for a week for one of my 30 things. It was just more fun to make a tasty new dish instead. Guess I should have tried giving up TV on a week I was busy, it's too tempting when I'm home on summer break. :)

I had never thought of pimento cheese as something you could make at home until my friend Ruth mentioned it.  It's super easy and something I'll definitely make again - I didn't even know Matt liked pimento cheese, but it turns out he likes it even more than I do!


"Healthier" Homemade Pimento Cheese
Adapted from Macaroni and Cheesecake's Party Pimento Spread.

Ingredients

2 cups shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded 2% medium cheddar cheese
4 ounce jar diced pimentos, undrained
3/4 cup light mayonnaise

Directions

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir, adding more mayo if desired.

Refrigerate until cold, storing in an airtight container.

Enjoy!
 
27 down, 3 to go...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to you and Ruth, I do believe I'll be making this, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, this makes me want some right now. I think I will have to try this "healthy" recipe. I can't believe you gave up on the week without TV. I'm so disappointed. Ha! You should have done it during school though. Oh well, you can just add it to your 40 before 40 list. By then you will be too busy to watch TV like me. You must come up with another list after your birthday. It's been so fun to see what you are going to post next. I've loved your recipes also. Glad you and Matt loved the pimento cheese.

    ReplyDelete