Quoting photographer Henri Cartier-Bresson, your first 10,000 photographs are your worst. After looking back at my photos from a few years ago, and even just from last year, I am happy to see how far they have come. They are not great by any means, but I feel like I can look at them objectively and understand what I like or dislike about each shot - pretty neat.
Dislike: Beige fan blade above Duncan's head.
Dislike: Background focus is a little off.
Dislike: Too yellow, though I'm sure I could fix that if I actually did some post-processing.
Like: Balance/color palette
Dislike: Pepper refused to look at the camera during entire photo shoot - oh, well!
August 15, 2009
Summer's over and it was a nice relaxing break from work - definitely one of my favorite perks of working in education (plus I know Duncan likes it too).
- Our little Texas beach vacation
- Our 3rd annual 4th of July party, complete with fireworks
- Meeting friends and family for long lunches and movies
- Hosting cookouts at our house
- Seeing old friends at Angie's baby shower
- Using my new gym membership regularly-Zumba is fun!
- Watching 100+ hours of Law & Order reruns
- And cooking lots of new recipes
Yay for Summer!