Summer Vacation Texas-Style
For our big trip this year we kept it in Texas and headed to the beach for the first time together - the itinerary is below, for more pictures click here. Enjoy!
Friday, June 19th
- Drove to Austin after dropping Duncan in Haslet
- Dinner at Hyde Park Bar and Grill with Maggie then drinks on one of our favorite patios - Opal Divine's at Penn Station
Saturday, June 20th
- Started the vacation by touring the San Antonio Missions - drove the whole mission road, stopping for pictures at San Juan and Conception
- Played tourist at the Riverwalk, walked the river stopping for lunch at Cafe Rio, complete with a Johnny Cash-style mariachi band serenade
- Visited The Alamo (along with a million of our closest friends), then enjoyed hurricanes on the patio at Pat O'Briens before driving to New Braunfels
- Went to dinner with Earl and Evelyn at the Gristmill in Gruene before ending the evening with a few games of Wahoo
Sunday, June 21st
- Made our way to the beach after breakfast with E&E
- Stopped in Corpus for a trip to the Texas State Aquarium and USS Lexington followed by lunch and live music on the bay at Pier 99
- Continued on to Rockport and checked into our charming little hotel - The Lighthouse Inn, a small hotel right on the water that we highly recommend
- Enjoyed a unique fresh fish dinner at The Boiling Pot - and probably the best meal of the trip - yum!!!
- Walked through Rockport, stopped for dessert, then headed back to the inn for a swim
Monday, June 22nd
- Breakfast at the inn then relaxed with coffee on the hotel pier
- Explored the Rockport Beach Park in town then enjoyed lunch - and spotted a few dolphins - on the patio at Moon Dog's
- Relaxed at the inn and enjoyed another swim
Tuesday, June 23rd
- Left super early to drive back to DFW, enjoyed the sunrise over the bay along the way and turned at 7 1/2 hour drive into 6!