For our big trip this year we spent time sightseeing in New Orleans and relaxing at Caddo Lake.
- Drove from Crossroads to New Orleans - and listened to three audiobooks on the way
- Stopped for lunch in quaint Natchitoches, LA and walked around downtown
- Arrived in NOLA and checked in at the Hotel St. Pierre - a wonderful little hotel within walking distance of everything in the French Quarter and a great deal
- Headed straight to Jackson Square to walk around and eat our first po'boys and muffulettas of the trip
- Up early to visit the Chalmette Battlefield after driving through the newly-constructed lower 9th ward on the way
- Visited the awesome, brand-new WWII Museum, a must-see (plus it had air conditioning!)
- Back to the French Quarter to be tourists - visited shops at the French Market and the patio at Pat O'Brien's, ate more po'boys and muffulettas, and relaxed
- Spent the evening on Bourbon Street - ate red beans and rice, drank Hand Grenades, stopped for beignets at Cafe Du Monde, and lots of people watching
- Arrived in Uncertain, Texas and checked in at the Moonglow Lodge - a cute cottage right on Caddo Lake with a butterfly garden, canoes, a great dock, and a hot tub
- Drove to Jefferson for dinner, groceries, and a tour of the historic downtown district
- Relaxed at the cabin on the pier over Caddo Lake and tried our hand fishing from the dock
- Visited Caddo Lake State Park to hike and enjoy the lake views
- Grilled at the cabin and relaxed at the lake - always on alert for alligators!
- Back to Dallas to pick up Duncan and enjoy cooler weather