Oklahoma Weekend Trip
For our June getaway we enjoyed a fun weekend with friends at the Tree Top View Cabins on the Glover River in Oklahoma. The cabins are north of Broken Bow, in Battiest, a beautiful, wooded 4 hour drive from our home. The cabins were right on the river, with a full kitchen, beds for six, an awesome porch, and a porch swing in the living room. Wildlife included fish (perch, gar, sunfish, bass), turtles, snakes, and tons of hummingbirds.
- Drove to Battiest with Andy, it seems Oklahoma doesn't believe in road signs so landmarks were key in making it to the cabin
- Checked in and explored our lodging, the Cedar Shack, at the Tree Top View Cabins
- Fishing on the river, Matt grilled chicken and brats for dinner, and relaxed by a campfire
- Fished on the Glover River, hiking, canoes, and suspension bridge fun
- Back to the cabin to relax in the rainy afternoon with grilled burgers and hot dogs for dinner
- Coffee and brownie breakfast, packed up, and headed home