Painting our house had been on the list since move-in last year and I am happy to say it is D-O-N-E. Last year we replaced the rotted porch floor, did some landscaping, had an enormous cottonwood tree removed before it could fall over.
Up next was "paint" but it was a little more complicated than that. We had a lot of rotted wood and damaged siding and windowsills from water, dirty and damaged spots from where the previous owners let ivy grow on the house, and wanted gutters added to prevent future water/foundation damage.
The specialty siding we previously had couldn't be re-ordered to replace damaged areas and boards so "painting" turned into re-siding the lower level of the house and garage, adding new trim on corners, windows, and doors, lots of caulk, 5 new paint colors, plus gutters & downspouts.
"For fun" we also added cute new stand mailbox, new light fixtures for the front porch, back deck, and back door with LED bulbs and light/motion sensors for security, and a few little decor pieces to the front porch.
There was some drama (luckily not as much as when we moved in) including Craiglist, lots of work that had to be done twice, and poor management that makes Matt especially frustrated. I'll sum it up by saying our first site manager was fired and everyone from the company we used says it's been a "real learning experience" - ugh. Never underestimate a 90-year-old house! What should have taken 2 weeks took 4, but it's over now and looks great. We should also be getting the city's tax exemption for the rest of our time here, which takes a bit of the sting off too.
Left to do: Finish out the front landscaping, refinish the back deck next year and possibly replace it some day, a new roof far down the line if we live here that long.