- Dallas fun with Danny and Lisa: Peticolas Brewery sampling and street food at the Deep Ellum Arts Festival
- Research road trip to Missouri for Matt
- Junior League events for me - cashiering our big rummage sale, Leadership Retreat weekend at the Westin Stonebriar (and my very own hotel room!), and wrapping-up the finance council year
- Lots of busy work events: hosting the spring book fair, taking my trivia team to the big Super Quiz, and making a rush hour drive to visit the library convention exhibit hall for an hour - I did get a few good freebies but it really wasn't worth 2.5 hours of traffic round trip
- Celebrating Matt's mom's birthday in Haslet
- Fun in Denton, especially the newspaper poems at the UNT art gallery and great music and people-watching at the Denton Arts & Jazz Festival
Someone had an exciting solo road trip this month: Matt took a whirlwind trip to Missouri for more dissertation research. He traveled almost 1,400 miles to visit archives and libraries in Jefferson City, Colombia, and Saint Louis, and added a quick stop at the bank of the Mississippi to check out the arch and a tour of Wilson's Creek Battlefield for Civil War sites. Up next: Kentucky archives in May (and Mammoth Cave) - wish I could tag along!
- Spring break in Houston and Utah
- A fun 40th birthday party in Fort Worth for UNT friends Chase & Lisa
- Tasty Easter lunch in Carrollton
- Lots of spring cleaning around the house
- And welcoming our cute new niece Emme to Matt's brother Rob & Melissa in DC, their 4th!